Tri Med
Tri Med creating cleaner indoor air

symptoms and solutions
chemical sensitivity
bacterial and viral problems
odors or fume problemsproducts
contact us


Simulated Indoor Oxidation Device
Simulation - 148 KB image

Surface before oxidation   Surface after oxidation



Sneezing, sore throat and congestion are often caused by allergies. An allergy simply stated is a person's sensitivity to a food or substance. Most people will not react to a given item hence those who do are said to have an allergy. Allergies can come from ingesting food, direct contact with an item or inhalation (breathing). Inhalation allergies can stem from pollen, dust mites, chemical gases, fungi or mold. Most people who believe they have allergies focus on traditional pollens and dust, however many times the allergy or reaction is caused by mold growth that commonly can grow within the building or from chemical gases in indoor air.


Mold: Air of course, is not a habitat for molds, but most molds disperse their pores by air currents and therefore air is practically never free of mold spores. Molds can be found either hidden around wet, damp spots in the building or air duct and related components of the air handling system.

Outdoor Air: Although the introducing outside air into buildings is generally considered to improve indoor air quality, the outside air can carry allergy causing material. In outdoor air, the particular type and concentration found at any given time depends on temperature, precipitation, prevailing winds, seasonal climatic factors, sunlight, darkness and atmospheric moisture.


If mold is the untreated culprit, then one very effective method of the elimination of active mold is the use of oxidation. This technology is what mother nature has used for thousands of years to control airborne pathogens. Research and tests show that mold surface growth and sporulation are inhibited when exposed to reasonably small amounts of charged oxygen which is a natural oxidizing agent. (see reference document by Purdue University).

TriMed uses both ultraviolet lamps and corona plate discharge technologies to charge oxygen for HVAC systems. Choosing the correct method will solely depend on the application. See TriMed's product guide to see how this environmentally safe system can work for you.


Generally, if there is mold there is water or moisture or humidity problem. We strongly recommend that you find cause of the problem and fix it. Remove as much moisture and humidity as possible. A dehumidifier should be used to reduce the humidity. We strongly recommend that you remove or dry any wet or moist material. It may be necessary to remove moldy material. We strongly recommend that you wear protective clothing, gloves and a breathing mask. Mold may penetrate walls and cavities. Removed material must be disposed of in an accepted manner. Use a suitable cleaning solution to wash surfaces that can be cleaned. It may be advisable to have the work performed by a remediation specialist.

© TriMed Airmedic Center     site by iron lava corp